Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 2 Update

Things have been a rolller coaster of emotion here. We were devastated at retrieval when we only got 9 eggs out of 22 follicles. The next day of the 9 we had 6 fertilize. Today I got the report that we still have 6 growing. Five are at 4 cells grade 3 and One is at 5 cells grade 3. Grade 4 is the highest, but the clinic says no one ever gets grade 4 because no one has perfect eggs. So, now we wait until tomorrow morning. If we have atleast 4 at 8 cells we will push our transfer to a day 5 transfer. The embryos should be at a blast stage by then, which is the last stage before implanting into the wall fo the uterus. So the nerve racking wait continues...

1 comment:

Julie Campbell said...

Hey Cynthia! You've really been on my mind lately... and now I see why! :) I forgot that you had all of your deets on your blog. I hear from Natalie that you're big day is today. I've been sending up prayers! Hang in there! Wow. What a journey.