Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Friday the 13th" Enough said!@#$#$#@#

Well unfortunately we have to cancel another cycle. I think I may have jinxed myself on this one. When talking to my doctor before she left on vacation she asked me if I was superstitious and what I thought about doing a Friday 13th transfer and I replied "What worse luck could we have at this point" and TAH DAH!!! We have it! Not that this is the worst thing that can happen in this process, but my patients is seriously being tested. Anyway, after talking to my doctor, she felt that it would be best to put some distance between the virus and the transfer. She said she was being ultra conservative, but I am happy with that approach on this issue. I know that if we did go ahead with the transfer and it failed, I would question whether we made the right decision or not. Really as disappointing as it all is, it is for the best.

We did decide to put some of this invested time in the cycle to good use by doing a lining biopsy next Wednesday. To do the lining biopsy you have to take all of the medications like you are going to do a transfer, but instead of the transfer they will biopsy my lining to see if it is were it should be at transfer. We are jumping the gun on this a little bit, but it would be the next step if we failed our next FET. So, I don't feel like this is a complete waste of time and we will be ruling out another problem before our possible last frozen transfer. I also got my rubella
re-immunization taken care of this week, which you have to wait a month afterwards before getting knocked-up.

So, tick tock we wait again.... I am hoping to be lucky in the power of 3's. This will be our 3rd transfer, the 3rd time we will try to do the 3rd transfer, and will be transferring 3 embryos again. It is amazing, what straws we grasp at during this process.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

And we stumble off the starting block again......

As many of you know, my latest run in with the "Reuben's" (as Mark likes to call it) has left us up in the air if we will get to go forward with this cycle. I will find out on Monday what Dr. R has to say and see if any of my blood test are back. So, we may be sacking in another cycle, but if that is what she recommends we will do it. I will post more on Monday after we talk to the Dr. If you have time check out this funny youtube song!

For those of you who check out this link the "RE" is a Reproductive Endocrindologist. Which is really just a big fancy name for our fertility doctor!